Recycling is Easy at the Pala Transfer Station!
You’d be surprised what you can recycle with our commingled recycling program! You can put all your recyclables in one container. Here is what you CAN and what you CAN’T put in your blue bin.
MIXED PAPER & CARDBOARD
- Writing paper
- Computer paper
- Flattened cardboard
- Flattened boxes
- File folders
- Junk mail
- Phone books
- Shredded paper
- Paper packaging
- Paper bags
- Styrofoam packaging (NO packing peanuts)
- Aluminum cans
- Glass bottles & jars (all colors)
- Steel (tin) cans
- All plastic bottles, jugs, & containers marked through or labeled “CA Redemption Value”
Disposable plates or cups, paper towels, tissue, carbon paper, plastic bags (NO plastic grocery bags, newspaper delivery bags, or chip/snack bags), ceramics, drinking glasses, mirrors, Styrofoam packing peanuts, batteries, light bulbs, clothing, or shoes
- Plastic grocery bags can be returned to grocery stores for recycling or they can be reused.
- Batteries and light bulbs need to be disposed of properly and not placed in trash or recycling containers. Visit our website to learn about proper disposal for these and other Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) items.
- Reusable items like clothes, shoes, and furniture can be donated.