October 17, 2020
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
12802 Highway 76 Pala, CA 92059
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Monday, October 12, 2020 – Saturday, October 17, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Pala Transfer Station
NOTICE: For Pala Tribal and Community Members ONLY
Don’t forget HHW is picked up weekly. Just put it in your red bin and put it curbside with the recycling.
Don’t have a red bin? Swing by the transfer station to pick one up.
What is accepted at the transfer station during collection events?
- Aerosol cans
- Automotive fluids
- Light bulbs
- Car oil filters
- Pool chemicals
- Nail polish
- Cleaning products
- Printer ink
If you are not sure call the Pala Transfer Station [contact info below].
- Make sure the waste is properly contained, in a secure container, not mixed with other chemicals or cleaners.
- Household hazardous waste is products that can catch fire, react, or explode under certain circumstances or that are corrosive or toxic.
- These items along with universal wastes (batteries, pesticides, thermometers, and lightbulbs) cannot be thrown away in the regular trash or recycling.
- It is important to store these items safely until they can be properly disposed of. Products should be stored in their original containers whenever possible – they have been designed to keep the hazardous materials contained.
- If you are not sure if a product is hazardous, look for these words on the label: danger, warning, toxic, caution, poison, flammable, corrosive, or reactive.
Please see the attached flyer and post in your area or forward it to those interested.